Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ride and Rain

On this day, I just finished gym and was waiting for my friends to finish bathing. While waiting, I listened to my mp3, and when I looked at the sky, I saw this lump of dark clouds blowing towards my direction.

This scenic spells bad news, afterall I will be riding home in a while, after lunch that is. And sign such as this is not good for any riders. Well, I do love to ride in the drizzle, it feels cooling because the wind is cold and wet, I just love it. But heavy rain is horrible. I don't have a screen wiper, and the rain just keep splattering onto the visor so visibility is almost nil. It is also pointless to wipe off the water from the visor because it just keeps coming. And traffic is horrendous during heavy rain. So with heavy traffic, poor visibility and poor road conditions, I need a lot of concentration to ride, so riding no longer becomes enjoyable.... That is why heavy rain = no good.

Another pic of the weather, see its becoming darker and it had only been a time span of two minutes.

Just as expected, it rained heavily when I go home.

There was a traffic jam all the way from Bukit Batok to Eunos! And because its raining heavily and with all this jam, I had to go at a crawling speed of 60km/hr all the way from NTU to home! It was a horrifying and tiring experience. All the energy was spent in concentrating and trying to get home in one piece. Besides it is a whooping distance of 40km from NTU to home and I was only travelling at 60km/h and sometimes less... It had been agonising. Rainy days wouldnt have been so bad if it wasn't for the two accidents that happened. I think it is because of them that traffic is so bad. I never experience bad traffic before at 4pm, not even on rainy days, the accidents were the cause of my agony!

The first accident at Bukit Batok exit involved a cab and and a car. No time to check out what cab and what model of car, and it occured on Lane two. Further down, maybe near the exit to Lornie, another accident involving another cab and another car occured on Lane one.

Because of these 4 idiots, cars had to weave in and out between lanes to avoid the obstacles. And as I was squeezing in between cars, I had to be really careful, cause you never know when a car is gona weave out into my lane.

But finally, I made it home, in one piece, drained but still its over. At the end of the day, I still love riding. I suppose these sort of things add spice to my life. Maybe I can boost of an interesting life to my kids in future *wink*

3 comments:

Guy said...

always must concentrate hor...

Saphy said...

Heh? Dry weather no need to concentrate one ma, can just slack.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.