Friday, November 30, 2007

GESL Project and friends!!

Our GESL project had finally ended!

Hmm maybe a little after feelings about our GESL project. Let's see it seems like a major project at first, so I had this initial feeling of intimidation and I felt a bit lost, not knowing where and how to start kind of feeling.

But it turned out to be no cause for worry as I ended up with all these capable and wonderful group members. And even though they were all very weird, they were also very fun loving, and working with them is a lot of fun, so in perculiar ways of theirs, they helped me removed many stress factors.

Of course we met with a lot of setbacks along the way, and on top of this horrible major project, we had to deal with tons of other more stressful modules and a mountainous amount of assignments. But in the end, we managed to overcome all these and completed everything!

Alright, maybe I will talk abit about why my group members were so weird. First of all, which is what made them the weirdest of all, they made me the leader when there were obviously other more capable and suitable candidates. Like for example, Shun Fa - he likes to boss me around, and reminds me of things I should do as a leader (like I need him to tell me, kekeke), so yea, I thought he could have made a better leader. Cause he thinks he is a better leader hahaha. But perhaps he is too shy to be a leader, all the 'orders' I received from him were through sms. He could have just told me face to face, perhaps I appeared too intimidating for him.

Then there is Ezfarinna who is super hilarious and humourous, I so love her. And even though she talks crap half the time to make me roll with laughter, she comes up with very good suggestions when the need arises. Furthermore, she is articulative, charismatic and hot, hot, hot.

Ahhhh, Yvvone. Von is super cute. With her large watery eyes, she makes me, how shall I say it? Makes me feel like I want to hug her. Plus, I would have died without her in the team, she does all these dreadful minutes that everyone of us hates doing. But she takes it all up! Cool huh?

There is Hak Yee, his contact number was handed over to the GESL office and our facilitator, so that they'll bug him and not me (thank heavens). I have enough troubles of my own without having to handle these people, er what is it they bug us for? I don't know, I never had to take up their calls. Hmm, Hak Yee makes a good conversationalist, but we haven't had much opportunity to talk.

Dominic, whom we all just called Dom. Hahaha he is very bulliable. Everytime just ask, can you do it? He will "ok...." So he became the logistic personnel, a vocation with a lot to do. He is also one of the two that came down the most days for the project. And he is ever so helpful, just like Georgina is. Since I am at Georgina, shall talk about her next - she is this other one person who came down the most days for the project.

Georgina is super sweet, super helpful and super cute looking. Small and huggable. Ok I probably have no right to say she is small, cause I am probably the same height as she is if not smaller. But I was thinking if I am a guy, I would think of her this way, sweet, huggable little thing. And she is so nice and gentle to me, always saying "Do you need help?", "I can do it.", "no one takes it up? Ok I can do it.", "Are you coping alright? You need people to help you?" So forever, she is asking after me, concern about me and so on.

Ahh Terence. Hmm, about him, I don't remember bickering with him at all, but my group members always says I am bickering with him. Told you the members are weird. Saying things that never happened. How should I describe Terence, I think he is most suited to be call Lobang king. He has Lobang of all sorts, so he was like the Best Man for logistic team. Would have met with more stumbling blocks along the way if not for his 'lobangs'.

Camila, Wen juan, and Bing Li, god bless them. They took over budget. Did I ever mention I hate budgeting? Well, now you know. I HATE budgeting. So bless Camila, Wenjuan and Bing Li for taking over what I hated most. Sooo their job scope is basically to chase after people for money, to calulate our budget and they deal with the forms and the budget office. The three of them is always together, so I always refer to the three of the them together :p

There is Rahman. He is super organise (opposite of me), I heard he came up with this systematic rules for the 3rd day and it impresses everyone who was around. And he spent long hours at the place during our publicity day. (A little side track, I was suppose to be down on the day of publicity as well, but this asshole hit my bikey on my back and he wants to pick a quarrel with me. Can you believe that? And I was actually stupid enough to listen to his yellings before I finally decided that "hey you hit my back, in the eyes of the law you are completely absolutely wrong. I have something on, so I don't have to listen to a raving mad man. I picked up my helmet and zoomed off.) Rahman is also a very sensitive guy, opposite of me as well, a few times he told me how my actions and words were insensitive to others and I could have hurt their feelings.

Next, Serene. Serene made bookings for the bus. That settle a lot of problem for me, cause I have absolutely no clue how to go about doing it. She is also a nice sweet lady who is always so jovial and stressless looking. I am amazed how she keeps up the happy stressless expression, I almost collapse from stress during the peak of all peak.

Keith, I always thought Keith looked very leader-like. He is always straight to the business, no nonsense type (again opposite of me). He always chop chop does things, fast and efficient complete on the spot (cause most of the time during the meetings, I crap a lot, and being the no nonsense type, he goes about preparing the materials, ignoring my crap and only grasp the important part....). Plus, he is intelligent and really good at his field! He is like one of the 3 who passed the English content thingy out of hundreds of people. Cool huh?

Next, Yingwei. He is a man of few words. But he has good ideas. When he talks during GESL, it is always to give good ideas. If not he remains quiet. I also had the chance to work with him on another project during our social context module and wow, like before, when he talks, he talks intelligently. He tries to organise his thoughts and put it across to us. Cool! But ya, he is still a man of few words :p

Kasturi is super kind! She is always concern about me, she speaks sweetly to me, is gentle to me, greets me, talks to me, smiles at me, pats me on the shoulder, asking after my health, mental condition etc. What is even more amazing is she got her own brother to come down to help us in our project! She is such a dedicated and sweet girl!

So I have all these wonderful friends working with me, helping me. And who is heading these great wonderful people, an unorganised, insensitive, forgetful, blur, talks a lot of crap during meeting, time wasting, no lobang leader. Isn't it just great? These bunch of capable people, chose the least capable among them to organise them!?!? Told you they are weird.

One thing I am good at, I am efficient at delegating work. They always say I am arrowing them, but what I am really doing is just dedicating and assigning work. They really are weird, aren't them? Well, I suppose no one is perfect.

To summarise, I really treasure my group cause I had heard about 6 other groups, and they are in a mess. They quarrelled, they had conflicts, they can't get along, they are divided among themselves, they form opposition cliques and so on. Therefore, I think that I am really fortunate and blessed to have ended up with these members. I made great friends with them, they are very encouraging and sweet to me, and they all allowed themselves to be bullied by me. They kinda submit themselves to their poor fate of having me as their leader willingly, silently. Everytime a job I dislike comes to me, like minutes, or budgeting, I push! And they took up whatever I threw at them. Cool people right?
Conflicts between us were non-existent, cause despite me being insensitive and saying the wrong things all the time, they are very understanding people so they always forgive me unconditionally.

Ahhh, I love GESL. Although it had been a tedious process, I made good friends through this and I love all of them.

Of course I must pay tribute to Ruth too, although she was not in my GESL. I could never have done it without her. During the peak of my stress, where I had colossal amount of other assignments, presentations and projects to do, and then all these setbacks from GESL decided to say hello to me too, then, I almost went mad, break down.... There were also times I lost confidence as a leader cause I knew the rest of them were much more capable then I am. That they should be the one doing this, that and not me. During all these times of being stressed and having lost my confidence from the many hipcups that our GESL is facing, Ruth was there for me. She consoled me, encouraged me, reassured me, rebuild my confidence and told me I was doing a good job. So I really couldn't have done it without her. Thank you Ruth, I love you, and this comes from the bottom of my heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1stly...how many times did we meet during the term?...not many rite? So how to tell u face to face? Unless i wait for the next meeting by which time the war could have been over...:P

2ndly...smsing u conveys a type of bossy aura which is really kinda cool...

lastly, u should post sm photos of the grp la..how can ur post not have pictures? Its gotta have pics so that it can engage the audience...dun u noe a pic speaks a thousand words? :P

Saphy said...

Huh i dun have pics of the grpup lei. 16 of us never really took a pic together.

U are too shy to talk to me la, just admit it!

Hmm sm photos. At first when I saw it I was like wow. When did 16 of us practice sm together! Then I was o, u meant "SOME"

Anonymous said...

OMG...u r still on that sm topic????

sm = same in this case btw...